Thursday, October 8, 2009

So Far From Hockey Territory

I have a confession: I am in New Mexico.

I cannot give you the view from section 419 tonight.

I can't even see Verizon Center on television or online without plunking down $150 for the privilege of watching the entire hockey season online. I have been reduced to listening to the second home game of the season on internet radio.

Even though I am thousands of miles away, my Caps spirit has not been dampened. Some examples: I have been wearing red all day. I ordered red chile on my enchiladas for lunch. I am wearing my Alex Ovechkin necklace. And currently, I am sitting in my mom's kitchen, wearing a Caps sweatshirt,  listening to the game on internet radio for crying out loud.

Right now, the game is in the first period and so far so good. Who knows what the next two periods will hold. All I can say is that it's a good thing I made my decision to visit the family and purchased the plane tickets during the off-season before I was under the influence of hockey season.

No comments: