Monday, November 2, 2009

Feel Better Ovie!

Lots of posts on Capitals Insider about Ovechkin's injury today. I will confess that I checked the blog more than a few times during work today. Most recently, the team announced that he is week-to-week not day-to-day. I am not exactly sure what that means, other than that he will for sure miss the game this Wednesday in New Jersey.

I actually have a lot of faith in the rest of the team. I think they can get the job done without him. We have so many talented players and if they step up and start thinking while they play - think last night's third period without the penalties - the team will be in good shape.

But, I still really don't like the fact that Ovie is hurting. I prefer to think of him as indestructible. I know how much pride he takes in his playing and in not missing games and I imagine whatever is ailing him must be pretty bad if it's enough to keep him out of games.

I'll be sending lots of healing thoughts his way this week. Feel better Ovie.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Go Caps! Nice blog!