Monday, November 23, 2009

Nifty Guest Blogger with Snappy Writing Coming at You, Locker

Neil, the husband in guest-blogging tonight for hockey-wife extraordinaire Jodi. I'm just popping some lemon Pez candy here while they drop the puck in Ottawa, which is by the way, one of my all-time favorite cities.

I am not much of a drinker, but I gotta say color commentator Craig Laughlin sure makes for an easy drinking game. I think I will eat a Pez every time I hear him say "nifty pass" or "dipsy do."

I've already heard him say "snappy shot" and the cliche "juicy rebound." I think, in fact "juicy rebound" is so cliche Locker should have to drink each time he says it. Heck, he'd be nifty tipsy by the first intermission if he played along.

You know what's fun -- seven guys out injured. I miss Alexander Semin and his loopy skating on the penalty kill.

Gotta run out for a while to a birthday bar party that better have the game on. I'm calling the score now: 3-2 Caps.

No comments: