Thursday, November 5, 2009

November 4 - Washington Capitals vs. New Jersey Devils (at NJ)

Yuck.

This game was a major bummer. I am glad it wasn't worse... New Jersey only won by one goal. But what a mess. The penalties by Alexander Semin and Brendan Morrison in the last 8 minutes of the 3rd period were so upsetting. After playing a disciplined and controlled game the entire night, the Caps just gave the win away.

The game was sort of passionless. I found myself nodding off in the second period and I never do that. Hockey keeps me on the edge of my seat, but not last night. Even the announcers were joking about falling asleep.

I sure hope Ovie is back for this weekend's back-to-back games against Florida. Clearly the Caps need his energy.

Perhaps the blessing from His All Holiness Bartholomew I for Ovie's health will work? Here's hoping.

No comments: